A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

It counts, right?

Shopping can count as knitting, right?

Judy wanted to know what I got at the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Sale

Here it is, all in my large Ikea bag. No, I did not fill the whole bag. But, it's good to be prepared.


Alright, top row, L-R: Loopy, which is mostly mohair. It's in a crazy rainbow dyed pattern. I think it will be a silly scarf. Next, my grab bag. I think it's pink Loopy and a Brach's candy colored sock yarn. Hmm. Perhaps another scarf. The 3 pink skeins are Wensleydale. (You know why I had to buy Wensleydale wool, don't you? I've already tried the Wensleydale cheese.)

Second row: Two skeins of Lil Loops, which was my first ever BMFA yarn. These two-one is a pastel green-to-green colorway, and the other is a pastel green-to-blue colorway-make me very happy. Not sure what they'll be yet.

Then two Feltable medium weight Socks That Rock. Five mill-end medium weight Socks that Rock, and finally four mill-end light weight Socks That Rock.

And five books.

Yarn fumes. I have heard of their powers before, but this was definitely a trip.

And I have to show off my new collection of these:

These are my nine KIP bags, made by Brenda. I LOVE them!! Practical, creative, not overpriced (hope she got a good deal on the fabric).

She uses a variety of fabrics on the bottoms, wool or denim, usually very sturdy. The front row left bag is my favorite. It's got fiery skulls on it! My husband practically grabbed it out of my hands, but the light-colored interior is going to be a problem for him. Most of his stuff has either grease or blood on it.

I bought these all on Ebay. You can see what she's got up for sale here. I'll try to control myself so you can buy some in the next few weeks. I think I'm going to have to limit myself to 3 of these project bags per knitting bag.

Gotta finish some projects.

3 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Good haul! That's some gorgeous yarn you snagged.

glad to see you posting again

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought Knitting Vintage Socks and 25 favorite Socks. Aren't they wonderful books?

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Becci said...

good to finally hear from you! saw you on sunday, but as always had to dash out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home