A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

YarnHarlot Worship

I've been reminded that our beloved Stephanie Pearl-McPhee is scheduled to do a book signing in Portland at our beloved Powell's books on Friday, June 8. Am I going? several knitting friends have asked. (I don't know how to punctuate that last sentence correctly, except with quotations, and even that seems wrong.)

I don't know.

I have knit. I have finished the pink socks, except for weaving in the ends, and what fun is that. I have started a new project, leg warmers for the eldest of the World's Cutest Nieces. Photos soon.

As soon as my blasted computer & modem problems are solved.

I think I will plan on attending the Powell's event on Friday. You know how much we adore Stephanie. And I can see some of you that way.

Cool.

I won't however be able to go to the beerfest and knit in public this weekend. Blech. Family obligations. I hope they'll let me knit in public at the family event.

Dave's socks proceed, but sloooowly. I'm trying to decide between trying my first afterthought heel, or doing a standard heel flap, as instructed.

I will blog more in the future. I promise. But it's just too much this week.

2 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Knittygoodness said...

I’m green I tell ya….green with envy. I adore Stephanie….hopefully she’ll head back to Austin one of these days.

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave's socks look great!

Can you believe how many people had their hands raised when Stephanie asked who blogged? I had no idea there were so many Portland knitting bloggers.

I think it would be fun to get together with all of them. What do you think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home