A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Quiet Needles

My coworker is on vacation for two weeks. That means I'm trying to do her work and my work, and I'm still only one person.

My knitting lies in its beautiful bag on the floor.

I did receive my 2nd Blue Moon Rockin' Sock Club package today. Hooray! I'm not at the end of the list this month. The yarn is great, but I don't know whether posting a photo would be a spoiler for anyone else. So I'll wait on the photo. I'm liking the pattern, although I didn't look closely at it.

I've gotta say, though, I really don't like the way this particular yarn smells. I'm not sure what it is. And I'm not usually aware of the odor of the yarn. Strange that this one is unpleasant to me.

Perhaps I'll go on down to Tangle on Saturday, where someone can oversee my turning of the heel, for only the third time in my entire life. Socks still make me nervous.

The knitting muses will return to me. I'm thinking about lace now...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

All of them smell to me, it has to do with the dye they use. The more it is out of the bag, the better it will get.

 
At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It might be the silk that you smell. Sometimes it has a different sort of odor. Mine smells a little, but I have to stick my nose right on it to notice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home