A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Creeping Socks

My two pairs of socks are creeping along. Tonight, I did the math so I know how long to make the body of the foot before creating my gusset increases for both pairs.

I had planned to do this in MS Excel, because I can put in formulas and add enough words and reminders to keep myself on track. I don't have this software at home, so I tried to use Google's new documents & spreadsheets feature. Didn't work so well for me. I can't figure out how to put a formula in the stupid cell, so I just used it to record the specifics of my math. It has down my foot measurements, and his foot measurements, and the specifics for each sock of my stitch and row gauge, and the number of stitches per needle. I think I can make a link to it here. If not, and if you want to look, the name of the spreadsheet is SWORDave and SWORLori. (That stands for Socks WithOut Rules, in case you didn't get it, the name of Judy's excellent sock instruction booklet. I sure hope she's looking for a publisher, hint, hint.)

I'm almost ready to start the gusset increases for my socks, the pink ones. Husband's, being smaller gauge will take longer. His feet are about 1 inch longer than mine, but are also larger in diameter. Very interesting.

I'll keep knitting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home