A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Before and After



BEFORE
Judy's Sock Class at Tangle





AFTER

Judy's Sock Class at Tangle


Actually this is mid-way through the sock class. I have to finish knitting the gusset and be poised to turn the heel in time for class on Tuesday evening. I can't blog. Must knit!

The yarn is ToFutsies, but I've lost the ball band and don't know what color. It's nice yarn but a little splitty. And, to my tastes, rather thin. I may use it again. I may not.

I'm not liking the gusset part of this sock. It's hard for me to keep track of the four sets of knitting if you will:

#1: Sole side with increases.

#2: Instep side, knit straight.

#3: Sole side, knit straight.

#4: Instep side, knit straight.

I think I'm on track, but how would I know if I were off? I will take the socks to Sock Sensei Judy and see what must be done.

Oh, and BTW, Dr. Parts now sees that the socks I am knitting are different from the slippers made from Red Heart acrylic worsted by his dear senior relatives, may they rest in peace. He's interested in maybe having me knit socks for him in the near future. He's not even put off by the spiralling purple & green of the first official socks.

I told him he would have to beg. He asked for clarification as to what begging would entail.

So, yes, it's true. I'm withholding socks from my husband.

2 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger Becci said...

good job!! Hey, I have your tupperware if you want it:)

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Elaine said...

How fun. I've never knit toe up socks yet. I wonder if they are easier than leg down socks. Hmmmm. Makes me want to try them.

Great job, btw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home