A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

To Sock Sensei Judy


Dear Sensei Judy:
You have taught me the magic cast on. You have helped me to create socks. You rock!
You have taught me the math of socks. I have now made all of the required beginners errors, including forgetting to change balls of yarn when changing socks, and, at the same time, getting both socks on one needle. And I, with knowlege of your confidence in me, have corrected these errors.
My socks, at the end of the toe, were supposed to be 3.75 inches wide. When I measured them, they were 4.0 inches wide. I have taken a deep breath, eaten some chocolate, decreased by only two stitches per sock, and will keep knitting on the body of the sock. I can always give them to my sister-in-law. After all, these are only practice socks, and I am allowed to make mistakes.
If anyone is in the local area, besides receiving my congratulations for being a very, very lucky person, if one wished to learn how to knit socks, toe-up, any needle method, you should take Judy's class at Tangle. It's a great one.
I will keep knitting, Judy. I will come to class on Tuesday.
Unless it snows.
Your humble student,
Lori

2 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

What a good attitude you have about your learning mistakes! :) Glad you enjoyed your class.

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, grasshopper... I see that you are gaining true wisdom. :-D

My socks were supposed to be 3.5" across. They were 4.0" and the colors pooled in a most horrific and ugly way. I ripped back to where they were more or less the right width and tried a different stitch pattern. I now like them and I ain't givin' 'em to nobody!

See you on Tuesday. Knit on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home