A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

I'm still knitting scarves

I'm loving the red scarf project. I bought four balls of Be Sweet's magic ball yarn in a great red color called 'fireball' . I used size 15 USA needles and cast on 26 stitches and knit a simple garter stitch scarf. It is cool & fabulous and I almost don't want to send it off. I used two balls for the first scarf. I was getting about 3 stitches per inch. I cast on 180 stitches and am now knitting a long-edge simple garter stitch scarf. I'm not sure which one I'm going to like best. I'm sort of thinking that the traditional one may win out.

Judy sent me an email about her January knitting class, to be held at Tangle. I cannot wait! I'm sorting through my stash, figuring out which delightful yarn I will use.

I have a new notebook computer, which should free me up to blog more often, hooray. My brother will help me set it up properly, but, so far so good.

We had a big wind storm here this week, but not much personal negative effects. Our house is tucked down in a hollow...in a ditch, if I'm feeling negative about it...which does indeed protect it from much of the wind.

I'm enjoying a low-key weekend. Lots of time for knitting.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

I love the red scarf project, too - feels good to be making something for someone who really needs it, and red is such a cheery color :-)

Wishing you and yours an the happiest holiday ever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home