A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Photos of Emily's Sweater



This is the Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in #205 Irving Park. A delicious plummy color, overall.












This is the progress of the sweater, with the torso band at the bottom, one of the front yokes, and the start of the back yoke still on the needles. I'm loving it. I made a few mistakes on the slip-stitch border, which will show-darnit, but the fabric itself is dense, warm, & soft. I'm slightly nervous about the sleeves, but I'm sure they'll work up well.

I wish that all the babies I know were able to have a beautiful sweater or garment made out of such lovely yarn as Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted.

4 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Yeah So said...

Girl, please ask for a camera for Christmas. I need to clearly see all this great stuff you are making!!

Where is that pattern from? And it's made from sock yarn?

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Lori Rode said...

No, no, no sock yarn. And besides the camera, I need a new 'puter for Christmas.

The pattern is from the Sally Melville book entitled The Knit Stitch. It's the Baby Albert Jacket (p. 74?).

The Yarn is manufactured by Lorna's Laces. The particular yarn is 'Shepherd Worsted' so it's a worsted weight yarn, superwash, so good for new moms.

The pattern knits up in rectangles, mostly attached, because of the pick-up-and-knit practice, and then one seam up the arm & shoulders. You'd like it. I can tell.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I can still tell it's going along well! I flubbed the slipped stitch border a few times, too - kept forgetting that the first stitch was supposed to be different. Hey, the baby definitely won't notice, right?

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

Lori,
I had the day off today, and what better thing to do after sleeping in a bit than to go to the yarn shop!
I went to one I don't get to very often because it's across town, one I've been going to for over 20 years. It's in an old warehouse building, with creaky wooden floor, dim lighting and high ceilings. And, they have a huge old beat up table where you can sit and knit all day, or eat your lunch, or look at patterns, or chat with the locals. I love it.
I got there at 11 with plans to meet a friend for a movie at 2.
Well, guess what, time sort of flew by and thankfully E. has a cell phone so I could cancel our date.
There is never enough time to look at yarn. I also got involved with a woman who was doing some "drop" (I think that's what you call it) spinning and she had all of her supplies in this monstrous felted bag (for which I came home with the pattern.......)
I also came home with some lovely blue flecked Galway yarn and will make a vest for myself, two additional patterns for felted bags and some elegant glitsy yarn to make a narrow scarf.
The Aram sweater I made for myself is done except for the neck. The pattern called for no ribbing on the bottom and it looks very unfinished. After I can try it on I think I'll see if maybe I should put an icord border on, or else some ribbing knit from top to bottom.
Good days ahead!!
Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home