A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Car Trouble

My 1992 SUV has developed a problem. It won't start when the engine is hot. That means no more running to the store for every little thing, because one has to allow enough time (hours) for the engine to cool back down before continuing the journey. Dr. Parts is investigating. It may be a problem with the starter, although one website indicated that a hot no-start condition might be related to the fuel pump.

All I can think is, I'll have to make sure I have a knitting project in the car at all times. More knitting time!

North Neighbor has not come to my house this week, so no progress there. She may not want to learn to knit at this point. No problem. Knitting is not required. I do it because I love it. You may love what you wish. You don't have to love what I love.

I have sewn on buttons on three baby surprise jackets. They will be gifted to their recipients early next week. I'm thinking about the general rules for when the baby jacket should be completed by:

Ideal rule: The hand-knitted baby gift should be completed by the time the recipient is born.

2nd rule: The hand-knitted baby gift should be completed before the recipient outgrows it.

3rd rule: The hand-knitted baby gift should be completed by the time her parents get around to getting married.

Of course, that may not apply to close family members (grandchildren, nieces, nephews, etc) where hand-knitted gifts can be given at nearly any point without legal repercussions.

I'm about this close to violating rule #1 for Dorothy. Her mom is ready to deliver, hooray! We'll keep praying for excellent health for all. I've gotta add ties for the Baby Kimono.

I'm about halfway finished with the white BSJ border. The attached I-cord buttonholes are, again, ideal. I may never make another buttonhole in a baby sweater ever again.

I think tonight I may take some skeins of yarn and turn them into balls of yarn. So I can knit more baby jackets. Shall I do another EZ Baby Surprise Jacket? Or shall I do Sally Melville's Baby Albert jacket?

And I need to finish the project for Kim, for the One Skein Secret Pal exchange. I sure hope she likes it.

2 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't drink the water where you live, do you? If so, I'd stop right now if I were you. There are an awful of folks having babies. Might be something in the water.

Hope your truck gets better soon.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Yeah So said...

I find that if I violate Rule #1, that instantly crosses them off the "will receive hand knitted gift" list. Needless to say, out of 5 people who were pregnant in my life, only 2 are gettng gifts (so far).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home