A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Exchange Orphan

So, the One-Skein Secret Pal organizers at Interweave Press recently put out a plea for angels to resuce their ten "orphans" of their One-Skein Secret Pal exchange. I am one such orphan.

Great. They had nearly 400 persons sign up and almost all of them successfully gifted their pal. Mine did not.

Well, I wish her the best. I imagine that terrible and unavoidable complications of life have presented problems to her that have prevented her participation. I'm sure she would have participated and kept her commitment, had she been able to do so.

I'm trying to put the best face on this. To my pal (the one who got fab yarn from me-Lorna's Laces & Blue Moon), I described it as a lesson in 'tis better to give than to receive'. And usually, I'm okay with being the gifter and not the giftee.

But maybe I'm just having a down week. My feet hurt. I have to sew on buttons (dammit). I'm not having a peak knitting experience. I'm nowhere near finishing my gift to my pal, which I should finish and send to her in August. Yuck-only a little time left in August! Maybe I need more meds.

So, if you're out there, and are thinking about being a One-Skein Secret Pal angel, please remember me. I could use a hug this week. A nice wooly sock-yarn hug.

4 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Yeah So said...

Ugh that sucks!! But you're right, perhaps something unavoidable came up. I am sure your angel will do you right. If not, I can whip a pair for ya!!

Cheer up Charlie. Go buy some more yarn and a chocolate bar. Works for me.

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That stinks. Hopefully you'll be assigned an angel sooner rather than later.

As for those buttons -- bribe yourself. You get to buy one skein of yarn for each button you sew on the sweater in the next 72 hours. No buttons, no yarn.

BUT you get to buy the most extravagant yarn for each button.

 
At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks. I had that happen to me once, and even if an angel comes through it still sucks. You need more yarn.

I like the buttons for yarn idea. Bribery can be good.

And remember... sock yarn doesn't count in your stash!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger yarn whisperer said...

I'm sorry that your secret pal didn't work out. I am one of the participants that offered to help out with the orphans. Maybe I'll get your name?? I haven't heard anything yet, so we'll see. I think you have a great attitude about giving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home