A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Free Yarn


Here is a Kristin from the Naked Sheep Knit Shop , the closest yarn shop to my house - and they have Bryspuns - with the 10 skeins of yarn that I won in their annual sales raffle. They're 100 gram balls of Universal Yarn's Classic Worsted LP, in a pink/dusty mauve colorway. It's a nice worsted weight blend of wool & acrylic. It's perfect for baby girl sweaters and hats, as it is washable. It may go into the stash, as I really must finish some other projects up first.

Since I mentioned the 2006 weight loss out loud in my previous post, the scale has punished me by informing me that I have re-gained 2 lbs overnight. Ah, yeah, go on. I think it will be strict dieting for the remainder of the weekend.

I'm nearly done with the Mason-Dixon Cute Baby Kimono. I think I have another 8-12 rows to go on the front.

I'm listening to the book Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke, and it's in a format that only works in the house, not the car. The car book is Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham. It makes me have a low opinion of art students, let me tell you. I already had a low opinion of medical students. The library has the movie Of Human Bondage with Bette Davis. Must see that.

So I sit in the Dr. Parts-less house and listen to my book and knit. A very pleasant way to spend the evening. (And, yes, Dr. Parts, we taped your Stephen King show. At least, I think we did.)

My free yarn may work to make the Charlene Schurch class sock from Sensational Knitted Socks. Thanks for the reference, Stephanie!

The Naked Sheep Knit Shop has open knitting tonight. Perhaps I'll go and knit with them. They're good people. They gave me yarn.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Yeah So said...

ah crap, I forgot to tape the Stephen King show for me. Drats.

Cool prize! I love unexpected yarny goodness!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home