A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Dr. Parts is off to the wilderness

He's out camping with his buddies for four nights. I have a few 'please record my show' assignments and have to feed the animals in his absence, but other than that, I'm on my own.

I'm undecided whether to pig out or strictly diet all five days. My scale says I'm only 8 lbs from my weight loss goal. Note-my weight loss goal is still 10 lbs higher than the highest 'acceptable' weight for my height on any height-weight chart I've ever seen. But, as a diabetic, any weight loss is helpful in controlling the disease. My weight loss goal for the year 2006 is 25 lbs. And, of course, the secondary goal is to keep the weight off and do it for the next 3-5 years. So, what I do this next five days is unlikely to make or break the whole project. Then again, I have to go to visit the M.D. next Thursday, and she cares what I weigh. It might also help her decide that I may need less medication. Cross your fingers for me.

My friends at The Naked Sheep Knit Shop called to say that I won a bag of yarn in their annual sale raffle. Will I be able to pick it up tonight or will I have to put it off until tomorrow? (Maybe I can get a photo of it in my blog.) I don't recall what kind of yarn it was. I think there were 6 or 8 skeins in the bag, but I have no idea what sort of project it may make.

This weekend, I plan to finish up J'meer's baby jacket, as Dr. Parts swears the kid is on the verge of out-growing it. I'm skeptical. It's wool. It's garter-stitch. It's stretchy. I think it would fit his nieces who have just turned six.

And my One Skein Secret Pal has promised to send me my June and July skeins in this week. Hooray! Bless you, dear one. I hope your summer has gone well. I'll have to take a good photo of the OSSP yarn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home