A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Skeins, Rings, and Other Things


I am pouting because I have not yet received my One Skein exchange gift from my One Skein Secret Pal. I remain confident that he/she is up to good things with my gift. I ran home at lunch today, since I'm supposed to receive the first One Skein gift during the month of June and there is but one additional mailing day during the month of June this year, hoping that I would find it waiting for me.

But, alas, no. Just the standard bills. Pouting is not good for me. My mother would not approve.

I have joined a couple of new web rings. The big web ring for knitting blogs remains closed. There is, I hear, a second ring being formed. Shall I be a group two member? Hmmm. Anyhow. See those ring buttons over there on the right side of the screen. No, darlin', your right. There are some fabulous members in the rings. I'm also very happy to be part of the Northwest ring, because I adore living in the Northwest corner of the USA. I like the Knitting Path. They have Knit Heaven, too! The Knitting Kitty ringmaster seems to be behind in approving new members. Any day now. I'm sure.

I am decreasing in the latest house-elf hat with the Lana Grossa sock wool. It looks fine. I may be able to finish it off tonight.

I did go and get myself some color therapy. It is a delightful skein of Koigu KPPPM , dye code/dye lot P212100 (or perhaps B212_100, hard to tell). Sandy offered to wind it for me at the store, but I declined. It looks so lovely in the skein.

I want to hold it in my hands and look at it with my eyes. I shall knit tiny little hats with it. And I shall cable. I shall cable without a cable needle. I shall look at it and see that it is Good.

I'm about halfway done with the I-cord around the Hippy Baby Sweater. It's going surprisingly quickly. Having tiny little DPNs helps. These are only five inches long, Bryspuns. I think I'll plan on finishing the I-cord border on the Hippy Baby Sweater before I wind the Koigu.

Okay, One Skein Secret Pal, come through for me. I believe. I believe. I believe!

2 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger Kim in Oregon said...

I understand your frustration...I was in a knit gift exchange for christmas last year, and I spent lots of time finding great gifts for my partner. from her...zip. She finally sent me a hat she knit in March apologizing because it takes so long ot knit something. I don't mean to be bitter on your blog but just so you know you're not alone in the frustration!

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Lori,
Glad you joined TheKnittingPath! I agree about fabulous members in different rings. It is so much fun to see what everyone is doing! Looking forward to reading your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home