A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Yarn Packages

I did sew on one set of buttons on the baby surprise jackets this weekend. I also did the final row of knitting on the white one, so I'm ready to proceed to the I-cord edging. Hooray for me! Progress!

North Kiddo did not make it over on Friday night, but she plans on coming over on Monday evening. The nice ladies at Tangle , where I sat on Sunday afternoon and sewed on buttons, offered some excellent help and advice for teaching kiddo to knit. They suggested that I have her start a learning knitting blob (hey, isn't the yarn harlot also knitting a blob?) and then start a garter stitch scarf as a first project. Cool. We have enough needles for that. Also at Tangle I met Amanda who blogs at Bulldog Knits. Cool again. Her gloves look much better in person then in her photos.

And Dr. Parts reports that I have two packages waiting for me at home, one from Florida and one from Hawaii! They're both yarn packages! One is Lorna Laces sock yarn that I acquired from Ebay. The other is my delightful OSSP angel's stuff. She's in Hawaii, but only until she moves to Portland. I can't wait to go home and see and touch the yarn!

And sew on buttons for the pink & green sweater. And the Hippy Baby Jacket. No, really. I mean it.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Yeah So said...

Cool. I need some IRL knitting friends who blog. I am the only geek around here who knits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home