A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My Angel

Just one day after I wrote a whiny, self-pitying post about being an exchange orphan, I get an email from this nice lady in Hawaii. She's my One-Skein Secret Pal exchange Angel. She's really cool, and chatty, and has doggies, and seems to be planning a move to live in Portland.

What fun! I like her a lot already. Gosh, if she only sends me emails, never mind yarn, I think I'm still ahead of the game.

And I still didn't sew on any buttons.

Twig suggested and Judy seconded the bribery method of motivation. Sew on a button: buy more yarn. I may be going with this. At least it's better for my health than the baked goods or ice cream method of motivation.

2 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Yeah So said...

I bet you get something great from her! That's great.

And I concur with the yarn bribery method. Sounds reasonable. Though I'm not sure what the aversion to buttons is...it's not too painful. I can give you my method if you want. My MIL taught me.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

Lori
I fear I've gotten myself into another big sitr...........I took a little peak at the knitting blogs today while at work and spent the rest of the afternoon reading them (sure hope this wasn't the day that my internet usage was being randomly monitored by my employer)..........I don't think I'll be able to stay away. Yes, I do have a lot to say about knitting.
Have a good weekend!
Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home