A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hawaiian Gifts


Susan, from Hawaii, is my One Skein Secret Pal Angel. She sent me these cool mitts or wristwarmers. The photo's not great. You can't see the delightful spiral rib. Susan, I hope I got that right. If the pattern has a different name you'll have to let me know.

They are warm and useful. I think I'll be reaching for them for my drive to work in the morning in just a few weeks now.

You'll be happy to know that most of my favorite yarn stores are still in operation and have survived a week without my patronage. I visited Close-Knit, the Naked Sheep Knit Shop, Lint, Knit-Purl, and Tangle. Well, I was at Tangle on Labor Day, where I peered in through the windows. They weren't open. I bought a few needles, but no new yarn. I have lots of yummy yarm to work with now.

I finished the I-cord on the white Baby Surprise Jacket. I still need to weave in ends and sew on four buttons.

I finished the cords for tying the Mason-Dixon Baby Kimono. I cut six-foot sections of yarn, then cut each one of those down to 24". With those three 24" sections, I used a crochet hook to pull the strands through where I wanted them to be attached. I then evened the strands up, and braided the six strands together and tied a knot in the end. I think that worked well. I liked the braids. I liked the way it exactly matched the kimono, rather than the ribbon shown in the Mason-Dixon book.

It's ready to go for Dorothy. I'll probably wrap it in a manila envelope and mail it to Dorothy's family. I didn't spot Dorothy's mom at church this weekend, but no announcement was made.

I've got to finish up my gift for my One-Skein Secret Pal and send it off to her. I just have to count those tiny little ridges and make sure they both have the same number, then bind off, and sew up seams. I love that project and will be sorry to send it off to Kim. But happy to have her have something that fun. I can always knit another set for myself.

2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What pretty wristwarmers. What a great pal you had.

I'll bet the kimono will be well received. It's so cute.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Yeah So said...

The wristmarmers look great! The kimono too. I agree they look better with coordinated ties.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home