A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Monday, August 28, 2006

My Sainted Mother Vs. The Yarn Harlot

I just realized that I have a conflict with the Portland appearance of the Yarn Harlot. My mother and her husband will be arriving in town and staying at our house for a few days. Her first evening is the evening that Stephanie Pearl-McPhee will be appearing at Powells.

I find this conflict particularly troubling as these two women are some of my favorite women in the world. In fact, if you play one of those 'who would you invite to dinner if you could only have dinner with X number of women', I'd invite my Mom and Stephanie Pearl-McPhee and then work the list from there.

I may have to go and hide in the closet for a week to decide what to do.

Since I am a westerner, with relatives in Seattle and Tacoma and environs, driving to Seattle, for her Monday, Sept 4 appearance is not out of the question. We westerners tend to drive waaaay too much, and we drive distances that others find astounding.

I could drag Mom along to the event. If I ask her she'll probably push me out the door and tell me to go and enjoy myself. Mom's not a knitter, at least, not much, and hasn't read Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's delightful writing.

I've got to go and lie down in a darkened room now.

1 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you have to be a knitter to enjoy the Harlot's appearance. I bet your mom would enjoy it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home