A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Friday, September 29, 2006

End of summer blues

I've had the end of summer blues, I think. Work's been a little crazy and I haven't been knitting much.

I need to finish up two gifts: one baby sweater (it only needs buttons-wait, you've heard that before?) and some mitts.

Emily's baby sweater is only waiting for sleeves. I kinda have to focus on that because it requires making two identical (or nearly identical pieces) and, for the Baby Albert Jacket, the sleeves are the only part that have shaping. Specifically decreases. Not hard ones. I can do this, but I do want to pay attention and do them right.

This sweater is beautiful and I like it a lot. It's the yarn, I can tell you. Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted. Soft. Beautiful color - Irving Park. Washable. Wonderful to work with, rarely splits. I'd love to knit all my baby gifts in yarn this satisfying.

I'm still poised on the diving board above the sock pool. I have patterns. I have a plan. I have needles. I have yarn. I haven't cast on.

Maybe I'll start a new scarf. I have one skein of some bubble-gum pink alpaca yarn. Wouldn't that make a yummy scarf to get me through the wet winter here? Oh, but maybe that delightful yarn that Susan sent me from Hawaii. The color is so peaceful.

Well, maybe I'll just lie down and nap first.

3 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Time to wake up! Cast on those socks--they are so fun.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

You can knit socks - honest! They are so much fun to make up, and other than heel and toe offer a lot of simple knitting with a lot of bang for the buck. And nothing feels as nice as a hand made sock, so make the first pair for yourself :-)

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Yeah So said...

I know what you mean about "focus knitting"..if you're not paying attention (like, watching the Office or something) simple decreases can seriously screw you up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home