A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Monday, January 15, 2007

On The Eve of Judy's Sock Class

I get to go to Tangle tomorrow night and take the first class in Judy's sock class.

I'm so excited!

I got a new camera, so let's see if I know anything about posting photos. And yes, some of the photos are still awful. I'm learning about the different fancy stuff the camera can do. I feel like a fool, but hey, learning is what humans do!



This is the pre-class assignment, for learning how to knit small diameter pieces in the round, using two circulars (or magic loop or dpns). It's a pattern by Alice at Tangle. It's a fabulous miniaturized neck-down raglan sweater. And, actually, it's ...drum roll please....my FIRST EVER SWEATER!!

Yes, yes, thank you for the applause. It was done on two USA size 1s, using Lyon brand sock yarn-Magic Stripe. I had to fudge the colors for the sleeves a little (hence the dings of green & white on the left sleeve), but I'm happy with it.

Here's another photo:





It's tiny. It wouldn't even fit a Barbie.


And, just so you know, here's the rest of the knitting progress: Emily's jacket, obscured by interested cat:


The cat is named Toast. The first sleeve is about half done. Emily's first birthday is less than 30 days away. And I still have to knit a sleeve and a half, sew in ends, sew seams, select and sew on buttons. Gosh.
But I'm not giving up Judy's sock class.

2 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe this weather! This is so unfair!

Sock class will need to be rescheduled. I don't want anyone to risk life and limb to knit socks! I promise it will be rescheduled soon. We'll let everyone know as soon as I can talk to Alice and figure out what's what. You're the only one signed up that I have contact info for (Alice has the rest).

Stay warm!

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Yeah So said...

Stupid snow! You need to hurry up and get on that sock knitting band wagon - watch that magic loop, it's addicting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home