A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Knitting Christmas

Dr. Parts and I are having a laidback Christmas weekend. We went to Sunday morning service. Youngster Parts and her boyfriend and another friend dropped by for the afternoon. Youngster Parts turns 20 in a few weeks. Dr. Parts whipped up his famous holiday smoked salmon dip. Yum! The kids devoured it.

Tomorrow he'lls make a giant breakfast for the two of us, and we'll eat chips & veggies and dips all day long. I plan to keep my feet up most of the day, either knitting or on the web.

I've finished two red scarves, and am about halfway done on the remaining two I have planned. These two are the boy scarves. One a lovely ribbed burgundy. The other is a reversible ribbed in a chunky camo colored. I'm not liking the yarn, though. I think its bleeding off on both the needles and on my hands. I look like I'm jaundiced. I'll have to wash the scarf before I send it off.

Once I knock these down I'll get back on my clapotis.

Dr. Parts and I ate our mid-day meal today in Tiny's Cafe (on MLK) very hip, too hip for us oldsters and I had a 'Barry Banana-ilow' panini. It had banana and Nutella and was grilled and warm and gooey. Fabuloso!

Merry Christmas. I say that to you with a full and joyous heart because I celebrate Christmas.

I hope that you enjoy the holidays and traditions that you celebrate.

3 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Merry Christmas to you as well!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Lene Andersen said...

Merry Christmas!

(that panini sounds too good for words)

 
At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you did have a joyous and Merry Christmas. I am so happy to have found your blog. I enjoyed my visit and certainly will be returning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home