A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Putting things together

Last year, early June....

North American Organic Brewers Festival

and WorldWide Knit In Public Day.

They fell on the same day. It was so much fun, but I only saw one other knitter.

Well....there are some folks who make organic yarn. And many knitters enjoy beer. And many beer aficianados enjoy knits.

These things seem as is they would go together. Can I put them together?

I'm going to start making inquiries. Anybody interested? Please let me know. If you can't leave a comment, you can email me at lorirodeATgmailDOTcom.

This year's North American Organic Brewers Festival falls on June 9 and 10, 2007. WorldWide Knit In Public day is June 10, 2007.

I've knit with Blue Sky Organic Cotton Yarn, which is very nice. Any other experiences with organics? Any other leads? Any other producers or retailers I should talk to?

Let's see if we can put it together, at least to the point of getting a group of people to attend the festival on Saturday and knitting in public.

Let me know if you're in!

3 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh Lori, ok, I just saw your post on the Sock blog, but when I came here, I just about fell over. Did you go up to that other knitter at the festival last year? What was she knitting? I WAS THERE AND I WAS KNITTING!!!

Also you look very familiar, I have to have seen you around somewhere. I am in Aloha.

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beer and knitting? Sounds like a perfect combination to me.

I'm in!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

This sounds SO fun! I am in Pennsylvania that weekend, and I'm bummed. Not only will I miss this great idea, but Yarn Harlot is coming to Powell's on June 8. Argh!

How are you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home