A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Two Scarves



Well, I'm displaying my novice level status at blogging and computer stuff, since I cannot rotate the photos.
I've made two scarves to go with my nice green coat.
The multi-color is BeSweet's Magic Ball yarn, knit on size 15 needles, 24 stitches, straight garter stitch. Or was it 26 stitches?
The green is Cascade Magnum, a wonderful color (9336? they didn't give me the skein band), which I'm not sure shows up well here. It is rich and deep with threads of turquoise and of red to enrich it. I worked it on size 17s, cast on 16 stitches. Then, every row, knit 1, *yo, knit 2 tog, repeat from * until last stitch on needle, knit last stitch and turn your work.
I suppose that's officially lace. Can it be called lace if it's so simple and so big? I love the softness of this yarn and the diagonal pattern that was created. It's reversible, too.
So, here it is, Spring. It's raining in Oregon, and I have two great new scarves, perfect for winter. Oh well, so I knit out of season.

3 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the green scarf. That's a yummy color!

Did your STR package come? Did you go home to wait for it? (I would have!)

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Lori Rode said...

NO. I Have NO STR package!

Folks in Texas and New York have their packages, and here I am, waiting for a package from SCAPOOSE to NORTH PORTLAND (bad words deleted) PARDON ME IF I RANT A BIT!!!!!!! GRRRR!

I will go home and check again at lunchtime.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Lori Rode said...

Oh, and I think the actual color is 9415, based on an ebay post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home