A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

My stash of Blue Moon Fiberarts

Following an interesting discussion among opinionated knitters at Tangle this afternoon, here is a photo of my stash of Blue Moon Socks That Rock yarn.

Clockwise, at the top we have lightweight in the colorway Footzey-Foo. I was thinking that this might be a good almost beige type of color that I could use for husband socks. Not so. More beige-to-green range. And on the yellowy side. Perhaps this one might be up for trade, should the occasion arise.

At the 3 o'clock position, we have another lightweight in the colorway Watermelon Tourmaline. I love it, but it is rather pink. I'd call it an easter-egg colorway.

At the 6 o'clock position you see (lightweight) in the colorway Obsidian. Fabulous. A chocolate to black range. Yummy yummy yummy. Will make terrific socks for husband and I must order more. This was the only 'home run' skein that I got in the order for three skeins that I sent to Blue Moon Fiberarts. I think I ordered in January and got my yarn in middle-February, before the Sock Club box.

At the 9 o'clock position is the Monsoon skein, mediumweight, from the February 2007 Rockin' Sock Club. Terrific, but I'm not ready to knit it up just yet.

I'm still figuring out how to knit socks that I like. The Tofutsie is lovely, very soft, but feels rather thin to me. I don't know if I will enjoy wearing it on my feet. I may have knit the foot too long.

But, this is all one big experiment. You try this yarn, that pattern, these needles. Next time, you try something a little different.

I'll probably order again from Blue Moon Fiberarts, but I won't re-order the Footzey-Foo colorway ever. Probably would re-order the Obsidian. Probably not re-order the Watermelon Tourmaline.

2 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Dotty said...

Tofutsies does make for a thinner sock but it means you could wear them in warmer weather. I have knit 2 pairs of Tofutsies and the yarn does bloom a little after the first wash. They feel great on the feet. I have no complaints.

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opinionated? Us?!?!? :-)

I would pass on the Footsy Foo and the Tourmaline, I think. But the obsidian is yummy. I've been eying that one, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home