A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Organizing the Stash

On Saturday, as part of the grand household Spring Cleaning, I purchased these two organizers from Sterilite.

My stash went from a pile overflowing one large plastic tote, to this nearly organized drawer system. All my hardware is in drawer #3. All of the sock yarn is in #4. The felting yarn is in #2. Funky project yarn is in #1. Oddballs and UFOs are in #5 & 6.

I feel wonderful.

I've done all the math to turn my heels on my socks, but haven't actually started the gusset increase. I kinda want to go back to the Clapotis. But I've found a place to donate the preemie hats, so I should seam those up.

Not all the yarn and paper and books and equipment fits in these six drawers. And they're not sealed. In other words, the evil moths could still make their way in. But they're much better than they were. And Dr. Parts has promised that he'll make a place for this hobby station in our house. Life is good.

And I think that I should keep the stash to this size. This is manageable and generous for me. I love having it organized.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Yeah So said...

Good job. I used to be organized, now there's yarn and projects everywhere. *sigh*

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks so nice! I love how you have it all organized.

We won't talk about my organization, or the lack thereof.

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lori, Where did you get all that Socks that Rock? Alice (Tangle) is my buddy and she still can't hook me up with any yet since she ordered in November and it hasn't been shipped to her yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home