A Knit Decision

Knitting in Oregon, with other stuff, too, such as crochet, cats, dogs, history, fashion, highly opiniated rants, reading, diabetes, church, life in general, etc. I like circular needles, prefer natural yarns, don't spin, choose small projects, and don't have any one favorite yarn store. I love them all.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

My grandmother died, and my grandfather had an episode related to his heart. I've gotten a lot of knitting done. I apologize for not posting as often as I would wish, but, for July at least, I have this good bereavement excuse.

All my current knitting projects are two-by-two. That is, I'm knitting two pieces at once. A pair of toe-up socks for Dr. Parts. A pair of toe-up socks for me. A pair of sleeves for the Tangle denim jacket makeover idea. A pair of leg warmers for one of the nieces.

I gotta tell you, after figuring out how to do the Magic Cast On (sorry Judy I'm not gonna put a link in today-I'm typing this at the communal station at my grandparents retirement community), figuring out how to cast-on and set up a pair of tubes took some concentration. It was very strange to have to think so hard about it. But I managed it. (Heck, at this station, I seem to be unable to put in a title for my blog post. That's a little annoying.)

Again, at the ER and in the hospital room, many visitors and hospital staff expressed amazement at the high skill of knitting. String and sticks. Pull one loop through another. Hooray.

4 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Quail Hill Knits said...

I'm sorry about your grandmother's recent passing and your grandfather's illness. My thoughts are prayers are with you.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother and grandfather. :-( Here's a {{{{ hug }}}} for you. Please take care. I hope your grandfather feels better soon.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Many, many hugs. That sounds like a really nasty month :-( I hope next month is a much better one for you.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Cindy, aka Maxfun said...

Lori, Condolences on your grandmother's passing and lots of good thoughts headed to your grandfather, you and your family. I hope knitting gives you some solace. It sure makes me feel better when I can just sit and zone out on knitting for a bit. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home